Check out UCB’s Healthcare Services video:
UCB Healthcare Services Video
UCB provides cutting edge services throughout the revenue cycle continuum. With consistent private ownership since 1959, we have served healthcare providers with customized and flexible patient financial solutions.
Our 400 national provider client base includes:
- Large healthcare systems
- Individual hospitals in both metropolitan and rural areas
- Academic health centers
- Faith-based organizations
- Large clinics and physician groups
Providing best-in-class services ensures continued long-term client and employee relationships.
UCB is at the forefront of technological, regulatory and operational excellence.
We are advocates for our clients, their patients and their communities.
View our partners, memberships and certificates.
Using our service reduces your administrative cost and increases cash flow with up-front collections.
We provide to your patients:
- Superior customer service
- Instruction on upcoming procedures
- Insurance verification
- Understanding of amounts due and the ability to set up payments on co-pays and deductibles
UCB relieves your staff and saves administrative cost by calling patients before a scheduled service and allowing them to update their information from the comfort of their own home. UCB will:
- Remind the patient of the time and location of the procedure, giving directions as needed
- Verify demographic information (name, address, place of employment)
- Provide clinical instruction (what to wear, what to bring) as provided by the provider
- Verify social security number(s)
- Verify / Obtain insurance information
- Confirm / Obtain pre-authorization
- Collect the co-pay and deductible amount
Eligibility Assistance Programs
Our eligibility specialists guide and assist your patients throughout each step of the eligibility verification process to ensure correct reimbursement.
- In-depth, on-site expertise
- Custom tailored solutions including coordinating expanded/presumptive Medicaid eligibility
- Certified Application Counselors to help patients navigate through the insurance marketplace
- Financial assistance counseling
UCB’s oversight of a facility’s eligibility assistance program reduces uncompensated care and provides:
- Improved cash flow
- Reduced AR days
- Reduced bad debt
- Reduced collection agency fees
- Improved community relations
Presumptive Charity Program
- Reduces administrative costs
- Increases collections
Offered as either:
- Stand –alone service
- Bundled with an Early Out program
UCB’s proprietary model and algorithm (iSolutions) is an automated presumptive charity model, ensuring all patients receive a fair and consistent evaluation for financial assistance programs regardless of their active participation. The model is tailored to a facility’s specific financial assistance policies.
Using several databases to acquire financial and general information on the patient’s household, UCB uses our algorithm to provide a robust financial portrait. The comprehensive, presumptive nature of the model aids in compliance with many state regulations and the proposed 501r requirements.
Propensity to Pay Analytics
iSolutions also provides the ability to develop work flows and account segmentation based on patients’ likelihood and ability to pay.
- Automated and consistent
- Drives workflows and account treatments for faster cash reimbursement
- More efficient handling
- Provides maximum payment ability
Focusing efforts on the right accounts at the right time allows internal or external staff to work smarter, resulting in decreased costs and increased revenues.
UCB partners with facilities to become an extension of their business offices to resolve the self-pay portion of account (both residual balances after insurance or true self pay). We design programs that specifically meet the needs of each organization.
- Strategic scoring of accounts
- Superior representative training with revenue cycle e-learning programs
- 100% call recording
- Quality Assurance and Compliance department monitors and evaluates representatives’ call performance
- Flexible statement design
- Patient payment portal
- Pre-collection services
- Fully HIPAA compliant
- Increased cash
- Decreased costs
- Improved communication
- Decreased bad debt
- Increased community benefit
By incorporating our client culture, customer service initiatives and policies and procedures into every program, UCB provides excellence in patient service, compliance and account resolution.
- Small balance forward flow
- Special projects
Examine your Age Trial Balance Summary and determine if small balance accounts are rolling to write-off without follow up because your staff is just too busy to get to them. This is an area that can be outsourced to UCB.
- Examine the accounts for possible errors
- Contact the 3rd party payer
- Correct and re-bill as necessary
- Continue follow up until payment
Providers also use our services to “clean up” a backlog of aged accounts and for legacy system work-outs at system conversion.
Bad Debt Recovery
- Primary collection
- Secondary collection
- Legal options
UCB’s utilization of technological and other resources allows us to positively affect your bottom line:
- Proprietary scoring model presents most collectible accounts
- Available credit bureau file for educated ability to pay
- Integrated dialer system
- Various skip vendors to locate the patient/guarantor
- Web patient payment option
UCB provides optimal net back return on bad debt accounts while maintaining a low complaint profile.
- Automated waterfall skiptracing
- Strategic scoring of accounts
- Superior representative training
- 100% of calls are recorded
- Full time Quality Assurance and Compliance department monitors and evaluates representatives’ call performance
- Complaint data base.
- Pay online
- Discuss arrangements with trained and empathetic representatives
- Provide additional 3rd party payer information.
- Pay by credit card
- Pay by check by phone
UCB maintains and manages our own national attorney network for accounts where the patient has refused to pay and has assets. Each account is only pursued with client authorization.